As the weather turns warmer, it’s the perfect time to add a little sunshine to your closet by including the color yellow. However, not everyone is confident when it comes to wearing yellow. Many people aren’t sure what colors go with yellow or if yellow is a color they can pull off. Not to worry. There are many different shades of yellow to choose from, making it a color that anyone can wear. Wearing yellow instantly makes you feel more sunny and cheerful.
From soft buttery yellow to lemon yellow, daffodil yellow to maize or mustard yellow, there is a wide range of shades and hues to explore and play with. If a bright yellow doesn’t tickle your fancy, you can try a more golden tone or a pastel shade of yellow. See below for tips on wearing the color yellow this season.
How to wear yellows and soft butter colors:
- Colored jeans and trousers in yellow are a popular choice. Lighten up yellow with crisp white by pairing a soft yellow bottom with a classic white tee or white button-down.
- Mix and match soft yellows with grays and navy blues. Instead of wearing all yellow, try breaking up your look with other colors. Wear a yellow shirt with gray pants or a navy blazer.
- Try out a fun shade of yellow on your nails. Nail polish is a great way to try out this trendy color without making a serious investment in your wardrobe.
- Add gold or yellow jewelry and accessories to your basic spring wardrobe. Liven up a simple outfit with a gold metallic handbag or yellow floral scarf.
- Make a statement in a bright yellow sweater. A sunshine yellow sweater will make any outfit pop.
- Mix solid yellow with bold stripes or a polka dot pattern if you want to turn heads.
Share this on social media!