Self-love and self-care tend to get left on the back burner sometimes–and this is as good a time as any to revisit the topic. Of course, there is no one-size-fits-all solution, but here are a few things that I’ve found to be super easy to fit into any day of the week.
- Donate to a charity or do some volunteer work. While helping those in need, philanthropy can also provide a sense of hope, purpose, and self-appreciation–and can also help make new friends and connections along the way.
- Do your nails and/or toes! Sandal season is tiptoeing nearer, and this form of self-care can give you a look you’ll love that lasts for weeks (see this super easy mani & pedi guide by Martha Stewart).
- Remind yourself of some of the things you do best. Doing something you love and enjoy is good for the soul, helps build confidence, and brings out the best in you!
- Dress to enhance the parts you love most about yourself. I know for me in particular, after being very enthusiastic about quarantine snacks, muumuus and relaxed fits are definitely doing the trick for me right now!
- On that note, easy once-a-day yoga or a walk around the block takes as little as a few minutes–and remembering to take a self-nurturing approach, rather than that of a chore, will prove to be ever-gratifying.
- Strengthening the mind is just as important. Taking a class to learn something new, meditating, or any sort of introspective activity is a great way to improve while showing yourself you care (thirteen great ideas here).
And I leave you with this: there’s no need to feel guilty for not always being proactive–leisure is just as good for the soul. Hopefully, we all can do at least one thing this week out of love for ourselves. What’s yours? Share with us in the comments!
Share this on social media!