Spring is the season of berries, which typically means beautiful pies and scrumptious cobblers. I’m a fan of a messy dessert that can . Somehow, if it starts crumbly and gooey, it eliminates the pressure of a perfectly crafted dessert.
Try out this rustic three-berry tart and enjoy all of the goodness of a pie without the pressure of the basket weave (something I have never quite mastered!). Mark your grocery list for the ingredients below, and find the full recipe here!
What are some of your favorite spring desserts? Share them with me in the comment section below!
For the dough
- 6-3/4 oz. (1-1/2 cups) unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. table salt
- 5-1/2 oz. (11 Tbs.) unsalted butter, cold, and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 large egg yolk
- 3 Tbs. whole milk
For the filling
- 8 oz. (2 cups) fresh raspberries
- 5 oz. (1 cup) fresh blueberries
- 5 oz. (1 cup) fresh blackberries
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar; more to taste
- 1 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 1 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp. table salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 Tbs. sanding sugar
Share this on social media!