Summer means it’s vacation time. While I love traveling, packing and planning what to wear can be stressful. Having the right travel clothes makes it a lot easier. (Plus, I love any reason to go shopping.)
Whether you are going on a tour of Europe or a weekend beach getaway, you need comfortable, versatile clothes that pack well and don’t wrinkle. National® has a wide selection of easy-to-wear, easy-to-care-for clothes, shoes and accessories that are ideal for traveling, like our UltraSofts® line. The cotton-polyester interlock knit is a year-round weight that isn’t bulky so it doesn’t take up too much space in your suitcase. And it never needs ironing!
Because our UltraSofts® separates come in coordinating colors, you can mix-and-match and make several different outfits out of just a few pieces. With the right accessories, you can dress an ensemble up or down to go from sightseeing during the day to dinner in the evening.
Here are my 5 favorite travel clothing picks:
- Faeth Slip-On Shoes by Soft Style by Hush Puppies® Cute, comfortable and they go with everything! You can wear these with pants or jeans for a day of sightseeing, then pair them with a skirt or dress for a night out. I absolutely adore the quilting and the bow, and they are easy to slip on and off when going through airport security.
Helpful hint: Shoes can take up a lot of room in your suitcase, so I try to take as few pairs as possible, which is hard for a shoe addict like me! I try to pick shoes that are good for walking and go with as many outfits as possible.
- Lissome® Lounging Pants and Lounging Tee Whether you are traveling in a car or on a plane, comfort is key. I like loose-fitting, stretchy pieces that you can move in. If I am on a long flight or drive, I want to be able to sleep so loungewear is perfect. These pants have an elasticized drawstring waist, and the scoopneck shirt is flattering and a great layering piece.
- Simply Noelle® Zip Front Jersey Knit Jacket Air conditioning can make it freezing in the middle of summer, especially on planes, so I always try to wear plenty of layers. (It’s better to have to take off your cardigan or jacket because you are too hot, then to be too cold and not have anything to put on.) This jacket has a touch of spandex for stretch, and I like the attached hood, which you can wear up or down.
- UltraSofts® Striped Grommet Tunic One of the best parts of traveling is the food. This generous tunic will still be loose and comfortable after a big meal, and the longer length provides plenty of coverage to hide any “problem areas.” I love the ¾-length sleeves and convenient kangaroo-style pocket. It’s perfect with our UltraSofts® Knit Leggings.
- UltraSofts® Cropped Pants Capris are great for traveling. They offer more coverage than shorts, but the cropped length makes them cooler than full-length pants. These crop pants have a comfy elastic waist and handy side-seam pockets. Pair with our Citicraze® Essential Button-Front Shirt or our UltraSofts® ¾ Sleeve Boatneck Tee and ballet flats for a classic Audrey Hepburn-inspired look.