It may sound simple, but there’s more to it than meets the eye. Did you know…the mere way we carry ourselves and style what we wear can be a game-changer on how we look in clothing! Here are some easy tips & tricks that anyone can do to look better in everyday, any day attire.
- Tricks on the side: Tops, blouses, and jackets with side panels or princess seams can help enhance and slim the midsection while staying as comfortable as ever (I’m loving this Promenade Jacket as well as this Full Zip Jacket!). Also, garments with a brought-in waistline, whether with gathers or elasticized accents of any type, add further accentuation and shaping (like with this Eyelet Jacket).
- You’re in good shape for summer. Shapewear: a woman’s go-to to bring things in—wherever you need. The process is simplified through garments that have it built in, like these Pull-on, Pull-in Pants by National®. So easy!
- Long-lasting style safe to camp out on: Women’s camp shirts. This look has been taking the fashion industry by storm this year due to its versatile wear that flatters any body type. With features like traditional notched collars and button-down fronts, they can be worn over a tank or tee or buttoned up, and tucked or untucked. Plus, Camp Shirts by Donnkenny® offer a no-iron bonus—a must-have if easy care is important to you!
- Grade-A style: Muumuus. Another classic, flattering drape. To get the most out of your A-line fit, practicing good posture can help the drape from the top-down while thinning out the rest of the body. A knee-length or lower cut can help create a flattering silhouette as well.
- Throughout the ups & downs, turn to vertical stripes. While horizontal stripes can cast a widening effect, their vertical counterpart does just the opposite, making the wearer appear taller and thinner. To take it a step further, combine with a slight heel to elongate your look.
- A healthy variety of wardrobe and lifestyle: Practicing a good diet (here’s some go-to recommendations by the American Heart Association) and keeping hydrated will also help with looking our very best in clothing, every single day.
What works best for you? Share with us in the comments section! Also, remember that when you do find something you love, don’t hesitate to build a section of your wardrobe around that theme. Go with what works!
Share this on social media!