With record-high temperatures topping the charts around the globe this year, I think it’s safe to say things are heating up! And as the mercury rises, there’s more than one way to keep your cool. Read on for ten heat-defying ways to help keep your cool this summer.
- Apply a cooling cucumber mask to your face. While enjoying the frigidy-fresh feeling, your skin might even benefit from a reduction of swelling, irritation, and breakouts thanks to the anti-inflammatory and mild astringent properties of the wonder veggie.
- Wear light-colored clothing—the lighter, the better (white is your friend this season)! Going with moisture-wicking fabrics will also help with staying dry and cool (see this week’s style blog for more ideas).
- Meditate. With all the world throws at us, taking time to seek peaceful moments can definitely help with keeping your cool.
- Don’t forget to hydrate! (I know, I know, but It’s a hackneyed phrase for a reason.) Carry a water bottle or thermos (Yetis are amazing) that will keep your drink chilly for hours.
- Switch out the bedsheets for satin or breathable cotton to catch some cooler zzz’s at night.
- Aloe vera soothes like none other. Especially after a day in the sun, applying aloe vera is super cooling and naturally counteracts all the heat the skin absorbed. It’s a great natural remedy for burns as well.
- Refresh your diet! Go with chilled shrimp instead of steamed, cold chicken on a fresh, crisp salad, and cold soups like gazpacho that cool from the inside out.
- Treat yourself to a spa day – at the salon, at home, wherever. Plus, feeling great from self-care is definitely cool.
How are you beating the heat this summer? Share with us in the comments!
Chasing the chill,
Share this on social media!